This PhD scholarship is offered as part of a collaboration between the Queensland Academy of Sport and the University of the Sunshine Coast and represents a unique opportunity to work with elite level swimmers in the domain of skill acquisition and biomechanics.
In conjunction with the Queensland Academy of Sport, the University of the Sunshine Coast is offering a PhD scholarship for a suitable candidate to conduct research into swimming relay changeovers. The project requires the successful candidate to have knowledge of skill acquisition and biomechanics, as well as an understanding of elite swimming skills with a particular focus upon the relay changeover. Prior experience in an applied domain working with high performance swimmers, elite level swimming coaches, and other service providers is essential.
For more information please contact Dr Adam Gorman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domestic HDR student at USC
- Bachelors Degree with First Class Honours or equivalent previous study, relevant work experience, research publications, or other research experience
- Maintain satisfactory progress
- Not hold an equivalent qualification to the one currently being applied for
- Not have previously held a Commonwealth-funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the current scholarship’s payments commencing
- Not be the recipient of an equivalent award, scholarship, or salary, providing a benefit greater than 75 percent of the RTP rate to undertake a HDR. Income unrelated to the course of study is not to be taken into account.
- Selection criteria:
- Academic qualifications
- Alignment of the proposed research to one of USC’s areas of research concentration
- Record of research publications
- Professional research experience
- A sound knowledge of skill acquisition and swimming biomechanics.
- An understanding of elite swimming skills with a particular focus upon the relay changeover.
- Prior experience working in a high performance sport environment with elite swimmers, elite level coaches, and other service providers.
- Eligible programs:
- Number available:
- Year 1 Stipend: $14,500; Year 2 & 3 Stipend: $27,000 (subject to satisfactory progress); Operating Funds:$7,500
- Complete an Application for Admission form
- Download the Response to PGRS Selection Criteria template (Word 1,028KB) and respond to the Selection Criteria listed above (and include the name of this scholarship).
- Refer to the Important information about applying for a Postgraduate Research Scholarship.