These scholarships are to encourage progression to Honours level, or a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) or Postgraduate study.
The USC Indigenous Scholarship was established in 2011 to support a new or continuing student wishing to pursue Postgraduate studies, an Honours undergraduate qualification or a Higher Degree by Research (HDR).
* For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.
- a commencing student (ie. existing students are not eligible)
- must have completed an undergraduate qualification in any discipline
- applicants will be considered ineligible if currently in receipt of another major USC or external scholarship (this does not include bursaries)
- Selection criteria:
- Applicants will be assessed based on:
- financial need
- demonstrated involvement within or for indigenous communities
- evidence of Aboriginality and/or Torres Strait Islander descent (unless criterion has previously been met)
- Eligible programs:
- All programs
- Number available:
- The scholarship is valued at $4000 for full-time study, to be paid in instalments over 2 semesters (pro-rata for part-time and sessional study). In addition, all course fees and the Student Services and Amenities fee for the relevant semester(s) will be waived.
- USC Indigenous Scholarship Application Form - Honours, Higher Degree by Research or Postgraduate (PDF 286KB)
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07 5430 2890. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDF documents, before downloading this application form. *