Start-Up Scholarships and Relocation Scholarships
The Federal Government has income support arrangements in place for university students. These include:
USC Equity Bursaries
The USC Equity Bursary is a one-off payment during the semester, to assist with the costs of study. For 2017, we expect to award around 900 bursaries to students on low income, from low socio-economic background and other equity circumstances.
Evidence of supporting income is a requirement of these bursaries (eg your current Centrelink print out, if applicable; 3 recent pay slips; and/or recent ATO tax return print-out).
To be eligible for any of these awards you must be a Commonwealth Supported Student (an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or New Zealand citizen).
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students
The Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme provides assistance for indigenous students wanting to access higher education. There are a number of scholarships for which students may be eligible, including:
- Indigenous Access Scholarship (IAS) valued at A$4,904* as a once only payment
- Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (ICECS) valued at A$2,599 pa *
- Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (ICAS) valued at A$5,199 *
- Indigenous Enabling Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (IECECS) valued at A$2,599 pa *
- Indigenous Enabling Commonwealth Accommodation Costs Scholarship (IECAS) valued at A$5,199 pa *
* These scholarship values represent the 2017 scholarship values. These scholarships are indexed annually.
Any questions should be directed to Student Central.