Supporting a Postgraduate member of USC Rip City Basketball Association
The dedication required to become a professional athlete can be all-encompassing, leaving little time for the athlete to engage in other career building endeavours. The USC Rip City Basketball Transition Scholarship has been created to provide support to an athlete undertaking postgraduate study that will provide academic credentials that will assist in the transition to life after sport. This partnership also complements USC's High Performance Student Athlete program through assisting students to achieve excellence in both their sport and field of study.
- Enrolled in any postgraduate program at USC;
- A student who has played or coached basketball at the national or international level or can clearly demonstrate the potential to play or coach at the national or international level;
- A current member of USC Rip City Basketball Association;
- Recognised by the USC Rip City Basketball Committee as an active volunteer with the Association.
- Selection criteria:
- Applicants will be assessed by the Selection Panel as follows:
- Basketball achievements (40%)
- Current contribution to local basketball (40%)
- Academic achievements (20%)
- Eligible programs:
- Any Postgraduate Program at USC
- Number available: