Admin email: ARCHadmin@usc.edu.au
Tel: +61 7 5430 1225
Attn. Associate Professor Lisa Chandler
Arts Research in Creative Humanities (ARCH)
Locked Bag 4 (ML16)
University of the Sunshine Coast
MAROOCHYDORE DC QLD 4558
Professor, Creative Writing
Gary’s research encompasses creative writing, all matters pertaining to youth fiction, postcolonial studies in fiction and non-fiction, innovations in the illustrated book, contemporary fiction and ficto-critical writings. He is one of Australia’s most awarded authors.
Discipline Leader, English
Clare’s recent research focuses on human–animal studies (HAS), in particular how people value and create stories about animals. She is also interested in how Indigenous storytelling provides insight into dwelling in more sustainable ways.
Senior Lecturer, Journalism
Renee's passion is online journalism and her research focus is in this field. Her research includes participation on online news websites, social media, participatory journalism, alternative and community journalism and the audience of news.
Senior Lecturer, Human Geography
Dr Harriot Beazley is a human geographer and community development practitioner. She is experienced in rights-based research centred on children and young people, and in community-based, gender-focused research in South East Asia, especially Indonesia and Cambodia.
Senior Lecturer, Education
Dr Ali Black is an innovative arts-based and narrative researcher. Her research and scholarly work seeks to foster connectedness, community, wellbeing and meaning-making through the building of reflective and creative lives and identities.
Lecturer, English and Creative Writing
Ginna's research focus includes classical literature, medieval literature, Renaissance literature, the tragic tradition, dramatic studies, and the art of storytelling
Deputy Head of School, School of Social Sciences, Senior Lecturer, History and Futures
Marcus is an educator and futurist. His research focus includes culture and history, anticipatory action learning, causal layered analysis, social change, adaptive capacity in sustainability. His futures research encompasses education, youth, arts, social theory, post-structuralism, and post-colonialism.
Gail has a background in drama, theatre and screen. Her research employs narrative enquiry and feminist methodologies in exploring the lives and professional development of casual academics and in re-presenting the lived experience of women.
Lecturer in Curriculum and Pedagogy
Shelley Davidow is an international author and educator. With an interest in social justice and transformative pedagogies her research focuses on stress and children, teaching literacy through creative writing and decolonising the classroom through arts.
Peter’s research focuses on areas of change in journalism. His projects centre on elements of new media, including social media, and the repercussions of developing technologies for consumers and producers of the news.
Lecturer in Screen and Media Studies
Joanna’s research interests include celebrity, cinema and television, queer and transgender representation, and Australian culture. She explores contemporary issues of celebrity and attitudes to gender and sexuality within screen and visual cultures, and online spaces.
Deputy Head of School, School of Communication and Creative Industries
Sandy’s research focus is on empowering and engaging national and international First Nations’ Communities, scholars, industry, and practitioners in agentic and aspirational approaches to nation(s)-building through the creative industries.
Senior Lecturer in Law
Tim’s research focuses on intersections of cultural legal studies, legal theory, theology and popular culture. His forthcoming book is titled A Theological Jurisprudence of Popular Cinema: Superheroes, Science Fictions and Fantasies of Modern Law.
Discovery Early Career Research Award (DECRA) Fellow; Senior Lecturer, Communication
Anna’s main research interests include the production and distribution of children's television, the use of program formats and the production practices of transnational independent production companies. She is particularly interested in cultural and media policy.
Uwe’s research focus is computer supported education. His projects encompass technology that reaches end users in meaningful and explorative ways. Themes include youth, health, learning, media design and the environment.
Senior Lecturer, Creative Writing
Ross is an author and illustrator for both children and adult audiences. His scholarly research primarily explores practices in illustrated narrative, representations of grief, and experimental writing modes such as fictocritcism.
Senior Lecturer, Creative Writing
Paul’s research interests encompass areas such as post colonialism and postmodernism in fiction; African literature; autobiographic / historiographic metafiction and narrative constructions of the ‘self’; children’s and young adult fiction; and the nexus between critical and creative writing.
- Susan Armstrong, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Alex Ashton, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Dakoda Barker, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Kay Buttfield, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Julia Carter, Master of Creative Arts
- Alayna Cole, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Bronwyn Cozens, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Susan Davis, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Deborah de Groot, Doctor of Creative Arts
- David Dixon, Master of Creative Arts
- William Elliot, Master of Creative Arts
- Camilla Eyre, Doctor of Philosophy
- Richard Finn, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Kate Fitzgerald, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Toula Gordillo, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Anthony Greenwood, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Pamela Greet, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Thomas Hamlyn-Harris, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Penelope Harrison, Doctor of Philosophy
- Bree Hickson-Jamieson, Doctor of Philosophy
- David Holloway, Doctor of Philosophy
- Sara Hutchinson, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Leanne Jenkins, Master of Arts
- Catherine Johnston, Doctor of Philosophy
- Zachary Jones, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Iain Keen, Master of Arts
- Emily Larkin, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Jane Larkin, Master of Creative Arts
- Janet Lee, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Jay Ludowyke, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Adriano Marinho, Doctor of Philosophy
- Liam Mayo, Master of Arts
- Jill McGuire, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Amanda Miller, Doctor of Philosophy
- Peter Moore, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Jessica Mulcahy, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Melanie Myers, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Caitlin Noakes, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Kelly Poynter, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Tully Prentice, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Mark Rafidi, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Maureen Rhemann, Doctor of Philosophy
- Valmae Rose, Master of Arts
- Michael Shapter, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Traci Sudana, Doctor of Philosophy
- Kym Tabulo, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Donna Thompson, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Katri Uibu, Doctor of Philosophy
- Alistair Ward, Master of Creative Arts
- Stacey Winch, Doctor of Creative Arts
- Sarah Windred, Doctor of Philosophy