Step 1: Review the eligibility requirements and selection criteria
Prepare your application according to these requirements.
- Prior to applying for a RTP Scholarship, applicants must first have been accepted to enrol in a HDR program at USC.
- RTP Scholarship applications can be submitted concurrently with an Application for Admission
- To be eligible to receive a RTP Stipend Scholarship, a student must not be receiving income from another source to support general living costs while undertaking their HDR if that income is greater than 75 per cent of the RTP Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the students HDR or income received for the HDR but not for the purposes of general living costs will not be taken into account.
- To be eligible to receive a RTP Fees Offset Scholarship, a student must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
Recipients for RTP Scholarships will be selected in order of merit on the following criteria-
- Academic qualifications
- Preference is given to applicants who have completed a Bachelor Honours Degree with minimum Class 1, or who are regarded by USC as having an equivalent level of attainment via previous study, relevant work experience, research strength, research publications and other research experience
- Alignment of the proposed research to one of USC’s areas of research concentration
- Record of research publications or non-traditional research outputs
- Professional Research Experience
The Selection of Candidates for Postgraduate Research Scholarships - Guidelines (PDF 476KB) * provides details on the selection criteria used to rank your application in order of merit. It is recommended you are familiar with the content to assist in the preparation of your strongest possible application.
As per the Guidelines, International Scholarships may only be awarded to students undertaking research in an area identified by USC as a research concentration. Further detail on USC's Research Centres and Clusters is available at Research and innovation.
For more information on Research Training Program Scholarships at USC please see the below policy and procedures.
- Research Training Program Scholarships - Managerial Policy
- Postgraduate Research Scholarships - Procedures
- Schedule of Conditions (Research Training Program Scholarships)
Step 2: Prepare an application form and supporting documents
Ensure you submit:
- Research Training Program Scholarship application form
- Supporting documentation
* For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.
Step 3: Submit your application by the scholarship closing date ^
The closing date has now passed (14 October). Outcomes will be sent to all applicants no later than 21 December 2018.