Success in a higher degree by research (HDR) program can be made easier if you get off to a good start and are aware of your rights and responsibilities as an HDR student as well as the support and opportunities provided by the University to assist you to successful completion of your degree.
The Graduate Research Office team coordinates the compulsory HDR student induction for commencing students. The induction day is an in-person opportunity to provide HDR candidates with information to help them get started and navigate their candidature at USC. Induction includes important information about:
- candidature, milestones, forms and guidance;
- research ethics and integrity;
- intellectual property;
- training and development opportunities which complement your HDR;
- support networks including USC Library, Information Technology Services, HDR Representatives, Student Wellbeing and more.
- View the online recording and PowerPoint presentations via the Graduate Research Blackboard Portal (USC login required)
- Read the Induction Essentials booklet (USC login required)
- Attend an in-person Induction day at the Sippy Downs campus
HDR candidates are required to participate in the HDR Student's Induction as close to the time of their commencement as possible. There are five sessions held each year in; February, April, June, September and November.
2020 key dates
- Wednesday, 12 February 2020 - registration open
- Thursday, 16 April 2020 - registration closed
- Wednesday, 24 June 2020 - registration closed
- Wednesday, 15 September 2020 - registration closed
- Thursday, 19 November 2020 - registration closed
Register to attend
Induction queries should be directed to the Graduate Research Office via firstname.lastname@example.org.