Healthy Sunshine Coast Research
Researchers at the University of the Sunshine Coast are looking for participants to take part in an exciting new study about healthy ageing.
We are partnering with the Sunshine Coast Council and want to know how participating in community exercise affects health and well-being of older adults in our region - and we need your help!
Would you like to contribute to exciting new research and learn about your health and fitness at the same time? And, are you:
- Over the age of 65 years?
- Generally healthy and able to exercise at a low intensity safely?
- Residing within the Sunshine Coast Local Government Area
- Able to comment to three health and fitness assessments over 12 weeks?
What the study involves
As a successful research participant, you would attend 3 free health assessments across 12 weeks on the Sunshine Coast that will:
- Evaluate your cardiometabolic health by taking measurements such as weight, height, waist and hip circumference and evaluating key dietary measures.
- Evaluate your overall functional performance through the use of a modified Senior Fitness Test battery.
- Assess subjective health and well-being, cognition, social engagement and mood through the use of several questionnaires.
Your participation in this study will be greatly beneficial in determining the effectiveness of the Healthy Sunshine Coast program as well as allowing us to improve the overall health of older adults on the Sunshine Coast.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT TO CREATE A HEALTHIER SUNSHINE COAST
Contact Corey Linton and the Active Ageing Research team
Or fill out an expression of interest form and we will contact you shortly!