The SVRPU connects national and international researchers who are committed to establishing knowledge and evidence to understand, prevent and respond to sexual violence and abuse.
- Ms Dimity Adams, Senior Research Fellow, USC. Email: email@example.com
- Dr Bindi Bennett, Senior Lecturer in Social Work, USC. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Professor Kelley Burton, Associate Professor in Law, USC. Email: email@example.com
- Professor Christian Jones, Leader, Engage Research Lab, Professor, Interactive Digital Media, USC.
- Dr Dominique Moritz, Lecturer in Law, USC. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Professor Philip Crane, Associate Professor in Social Work, USC. Email: email@example.com
- Professor Sarah Brown, Adjunct Professor, USC. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Andrea Darling, Durham University, UK. Email: email@example.com
- Donald Findlater, Director, Stop it Now! UK and Ireland, The Lucy Faithfull Foundation, UK. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Carlene Firmin, Principal Research Fellow, University of Bedfordshire, UK. Email: Carlene.Firmin@beds.ac.uk
- Dr Danielle Harris, Deputy Director Research - Griffith Youth Forensic Service, Griffith Criminology Institute, Senior Lecturer - Griffith University. Email: email@example.com
- Professor Daryl Higgins, Director, Institute of Child Protection Studies, ACU. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Danielle Labhardt, Lecturer, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. Email: email@example.com
- Associate Professor Sarah McMahon, Rutgers University School of Social Work, USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Emily Moir, Lecturer, Griffith University. Email: email@example.com
- Dr Tess Patterson, Senior Lecturer, Associate Dean (Student Affairs), Clinical Psychologist, University of Otago, NZ.
- Dr Olga Sanchez de Ribera, Postdoctoral Researcher, Universidad de la Republica (UdelaR), Uruguay
- Dr Kelly Richards, Senior Lecturer, QUT.
- Professor Nick Tilley, Principal Research Associate, Jill Dando Institute, Department of Security and Crime Science, University College London. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Nico Trajtenberg, Associate Professor, School of Social Sciences, Universidad de la Republica (UdelaR), Uruguay.
- Associate Professor George Tsagaris, School of Social Work, Cleveland State University, USA. Email: email@example.com
- Dr Julianne Webster, Research Manager, Queensland Police Service. DrJulianneWebster@gmail.com
- Professor Richard Wortley, Head, Department of Security & Crime Science, Director, Jill Dando Institute of Security & Crime Science, University College London. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Aspinall, Executive Director, Laurel Place Inc.
- Francesca Brown, Clinical Psychologist / Social Worker, Queensland Health.
- Dion Glass, Director, CrimePsych Research & Consulting.
- Rebecca Kilpatrick, Director, Strategy, Engagement and Evidence, National Office for Child Safety, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
- Mary Jo McVeigh, CEO, Cara House.
- Barbara Power, Child Safe Principal Practitioner, UnitingCare.
- Carol Ronken, Director of Research, Bravehearts Foundation.
- Conrad Townson, National Education Manager, Daniel Morcombe Foundation.
- Nicole Trousdell, Regional Director, Youth Justice.
- Karen Verrier, Practice Leader, Benevolent Society.
- Andrew Allen, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Belinda Peacock, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Bricklyn Priebe, Masters by Research (Criminology), USC.
- Isabelle Hull, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Leanne Francia, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Melinda Osbourne, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Rachael Stubbs, Masters by Research (Social Work), USC.
- Tashena Biffanti, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Timea Molnar, PhD Candidate, Griffith University.
As a group, we value respect, integrity, innovation, diversity and perseverance. If this is a team you would like to join as a staff member, external academic, government or non-government professional, student, volunteer or visitor then we are interested in hearing from you.
Become a member
To become an affiliated member of the SVRPU, complete the membership application form on this page.
Core Members: Core members of the SVRPU are 'research active' USC academic staff, directly contributing to the unit's research performance. Core member contributions include:
- A minimum of one publication per year relevant to the SVRPU research agenda.
- External grant funding relevant to the SVRPU research agenda; and / or
- Supervision of a HDR student undertaking a research relevant to the SVPRU research agenda.
Associate Members: Associate members of the SVRPU include USC staff making a contribution to the SVRPU but who do not meet the criteria for Core Membership.
Adjunct Members: Adjunct members include external national or international academics, working in this field in collaboration with USC to advance the SVRPU research agenda.
Professional Members: Professional members currently working in relevant industry positions.
Student Members: Students undertaking Honours or Higher Degree Research studies to the SVRPU