Research students - University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

Accessibility links

Research students

Study with us

If you have an interest in postgraduate study relevant to the Pacific Islands consider supervision by an ACPIR core researcher of an Honours, Master or Doctoral degree.

See a list of our student members and their research topics.


ACPIR has strong links with researchers, industry, community groups, government and non-government organisations related to the Pacific Islands. Our established and developing relationships, together with our sound reputation, enable us to have access to rich research environments and collaborations with a broad network of researchers, experts, professionals and communities in the Pacific Islands and the rest of the world.

ACPIR offers our students a supportive community with resources, mentorship, peer support and research project experience.

Increase research experience and employment opportunities

Much of our research is supported by the Australian Centre for International Agriculture Research (ACIAR), the UN Food and Agriculture Organization and other research-for-development funding bodies. Our HDR students and post-doctoral fellows have opportunities to gain valuable work experience on ACPIR research projects, publish with supervisors and enhance future career prospects in these research areas.

Achieve sustainable outcomes from your research that have a real impact on the lives of Pacific Islands people.

Cathy Hair
Contact a potential supervisor for your honours or postgraduate studies.

We suggest browsing the profiles of ACPIR members to look for alignment of their expertise with your research interests. Contact them directly and include your CV outlining your work experience and the areas you are interested in studying. If you are unsure which academic to approach, email for advice on who may be able to support you in your research.

Research at USC

To explore options and pathways into Higher Degree by Research programs at USC visit Research students.

Look into scholarships available for postgraduate research.