Dr Ali Jamshidi completed his PhD, Master, and Bachelor degrees in Civil Engineering. He has contributed to highway, airport, and port pavement projects in different countries. In his PhD course, Dr Jamshidi worked on warm-mix asphalt (WMA) technology. He was also awarded some academic and industrial funds supported by asphalt industries in China, Japan, Malaysia, and the United States.
After his PhD, Dr Jamshidi was granted a Fellowship under Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) at Hokkaido University as postdoctoral tenure track researcher and civil engineer in Japan. Then, he worked as an engineer and senior researcher in the product department in Yoshizawa Lime Industry Co., one of the most well-known Japanese lime-manufacturer.
Dr Jamshidi was also the head of a negotiation group for industrial production of new concrete mix recipes, using industrial by-products, developed during his career at the company.
Dr Jamshidi is currently working at USC under the Airport Pavement Research Program. This project focuses on material and technologies for development of a high-strength and sustainable pavement system for airports in Australia. Dr Jamshidi continues to collaborate with Japanese and overseas universities as well as industries in the field of sustainable pavements.
* This is an external website and the University of the Sunshine Coast is not responsible for the content.
- Association of Asphalt Pavement Technology (AAPT)
- American Society of Civil Engineering (ASCE)
- Engineering Australia (EA), Professional Engineering, Transportation Engineer
- Japanese Society of Civil Engineering (JSCE)
- Transportation and Development Institute (T&DI, ASCE)
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- Internship Program and Research in Japan
- USM PhD Fellowship
- USM Teaching Assistant
- USM Short-term Grant
- USM Highly-prestigious Publication (Sangar Sanjung)
- Nominated for the Best PhD Thesis
- Reviewer of Journals (Cleaner Production, Construction and Building Materials, Materials in Civil Engineering (ASCE)
Potential research projects for HDR and Honour students
- Pavement engineering (road, airport, and port)
- Pavement management system
- Airport design
- Eco-material analysis and characterization
- Sustainable construction technology
- Sustainable transportation infrastructure asset
- Use of waste materials in the pavement construction
- Traffic flow analysis
- Traffic signal timing
Chinese National Science Foundation (CNSF)
- Pavements (highway, airport and port) analysis and design
- Pavement material characterisation
- Asphalt binder rheology
- Life cycle analysis of pavement
- Sustainable paving material
- Environmental Impact assessment of pavement
Dr Jamshidi's fields of interest are Pavement Analysis and Design for Highway, Airports, Ports, Pavement Material Characterisation, Pavement Rehabilitation, Pavement Evaluation, Pavement Management Systems, Sustainable Pavement, Environmental Impact Assessment, Low-Energy Infrastructure, Waste Material in Pavement, Recycling and Traffic Engineering.