Dr F M Rabiul (Robi) Islam received his PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia, MSc and BSc degrees in Electrical and Electronic engineering from Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh and MBA in Human Resource Management from IBA, Bangladesh.
Robi is currently working at USC as a Senior Lecturer of Electrical Engineering.
Before joining at USC, Robi worked at various universities around the world including the University of the South Pacific, Fiji, the University of New South Wales, Australia and Ontario Tech University, Canada. Dr Islam also worked as a senior power system engineer at GHD, Australia and served as the Publication and Publicity Chair of IEEE Fiji.
Because of Robi's significant contributions to power system and renewable energy research, he received the University of the South Pacific Research Excellence Award in the year 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Dr Islam has continuous interest in power system, micro grid, smart grid, electrification of transportation, and control system.
Robi is serving as an Associate Editor of IEEE ACCESS.
- Portable Wave Solar Hybrid Energy Harvest Device (PWSHEHD) - ID: 2016101520
Aromatic Network for Smart Grid- ID: 2017100293
- Foot Steps Waste Energy Harvesting System Using Hydro Generator-ID: 2018100812
- An EMI Sensor for Non-Destructive Corrosion Estimation in Concrete-ID : 2018100760
- Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineer (IEEE)
- IEEE Power and Energy Society (IEEE-PES)
- IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IEEE-IES)
- Asian Control Association (ACA)
- Research Excellence Award 2018, USP, Fiji
- Research Excellence Award 2017, USP, Fiji
- Research Excellence Award 2016, USP, Fiji
Potential research projects for HDR and Honours students
- Smart Grid
- Micro Grid
- Renewable Energy
- Power System
- Smart grid
- Micro grid
- Renewable Energy
- ENG103 Introduction to the Internet of Things
Dr Robi Islam's specialist areas of knowledge include electrical and electronic engineering, renewable energy, power systems, micro and smart grids, electrification of transportation and control system.