Naomi is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian, sports dietitian, and credentialled eating disorders dietitian with experience working with a variety of individuals in the private practice setting. Naomi was awarded her Masters of Dietetics from the University of Queensland and is currently completing her doctorate with the QUEX Institute. Naomi’s doctoral research is investigating the impacts of two carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin, on macular health.
Naomi teaches into several nutrition courses at UniSC and is passionate about creating a vibrant learning environment for all students to be a part of. Naomi’s other research interests include factors influencing food-body congruence, and advocating for weight- and size-inclusive healthcare.
- Dietitians Australia
- Sports Dietitians Australia
- Australia & New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders
- Size Inclusive Health Australia
- Associate Fellow Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
Professional social media
* This is an external website and the University of the Sunshine Coast is not responsible for the content.
- dietary intake methodologies
- dietary lutein and zeaxanthin: implications in macular health
- size and weight-inclusive healthcare
- factors impacting food-body congruence
- Principles of nutrition
- Sports nutrition
- Sustainability in nutrition
Naomi Fitzpatrick's specialist areas of knowledge include dietary intake and macular health, disordered eating, weight science.