Professor Greg Hill AO has served as the Vice-Chancellor and President of the University of the Sunshine Coast since 2011 and previously as Deputy Vice-Chancellor from 2005-2010.
Under Professor Hill’s leadership USC has developed as a comprehensive multi-campus institution growing towards 35,000 students, is rated five stars for teaching quality, is increasing its research intensity and has close ties to its communities, becoming the primary engine of capacity building for its region from Moreton Bay to the Fraser Coast.
Professor Hill is recognised nationally for research, teaching innovation, technology transfer to developing countries, and Indigenous education. His research interests include: remote sensing, wildlife ecology, environmental planning, and education.
Current Board and Committee membership includes:
- Member, Universities Australia
- Foundation Member, Regional Universities Network
- Fellow, Queensland Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Member, Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre Ltd
- Board Member, Thompson Institute Pty Ltd
- Board Member, Sunshine Coast Lightning Pty Ltd
- Board Member, Sunshine Coast Community Policing Board
- Council Member, Maroochydore State High School Council
For further information on Vice-Chancellor and President’s portfolio please visit the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and President