Turn your passion for adventure into a career.
Do you love travel and adventure? Want to help other people discover new places and experiences? Learn how to manage events, attract customers and engage stakeholders with a specialist degree built for the fast-growing tourism, recreation and event industries.
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2021 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
- Program coordinator
- Dr Aaron Tham
In this program you will:
- Learn about consumer needs and motivations, product development, service, stakeholder engagement, event management, policy and planning
- Take advantage of industry trends, with courses in sustainable tourism, business events and technology
- Develop skills in public speaking, communication, team work, leadership, time management, and intercultural understanding
- Benefit from direct industry engagement through guest speakers, volunteer opportunities, internships and work experience with local businesses and major events
- Tourism or event manager
- Marketing officer
- Festival manager
- Conference manager
- Accommodation manager
- Queensland Tourism Industry Council
- Pacific Asia Travel Association
- Ecotourism Australia
- Council for Australasian Tourism and Hospitality Education
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.
Related newsUSC Newsroom
Investing in local talent pays off for Hervey Bay firm1 February
Hervey Bay’s JR Marketing Group Director Josh Rimmington said he knew the digital marketing agency did not have to look far when recruiting new, skilled talent into the business.
Graduates adapt new careers to deal with COVID-19 changes19 October 2020
Two recent USC graduates who are helping to stage the Fraser Coast’s latest marketing campaigns and events decided to get creative when COVID-19 restrictions changed their new roles almost overnight