Keep pace with the digital revolution
Digital technology has evolved rapidly over the past 10 years, creating more opportunities to work with social media. This program will prepare you as a social media specialist by teaching you how to work with real clients to develop and implement social media strategies, and analyse their success. You’ll have opportunities to gain industry-recognised certifications and travel overseas on study tours.
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2021 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
- Program coordinator
- Dr Karen Sutherland
In this program you will:
- Develop the skills for content curation and creation across platforms.
- Learn how to tell compelling brand stories across both social and traditional channels.
- Gain a thorough grounding in communication, public relations, creative advertising, and marketing.
- Work with real clients to gain practical experience and build a portfolio of work to showcase to future employers.
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Online Community Manager
- Content Creation Executive
- Digital Strategist
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.
Related newsUSC Newsroom
Investing in local talent pays off for Hervey Bay firm1 February
Hervey Bay’s JR Marketing Group Director Josh Rimmington said he knew the digital marketing agency did not have to look far when recruiting new, skilled talent into the business.
USC social media class trends at Aus/NZ awards14 October 2020
The likes and positive comments are flowing for USC’s Social Media degree program after it gained high recognition at the 2020 Australian and New Zealand Social Media Marketing Awards.