Harness the power of food to improve the health of others
Our hands-on program is designed to get you involved with food, understand the science behind food and the way the human body uses it. Taught by Accredited Practising Dietitians, you’ll learn about nutrition and food in a specialised teaching kitchen.
Previously the SC353 Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics
- International students should apply for the Bachelor of Nutrition, which provides a pathway towards careers in nutrition research, public health and community nutrition, food industry, health education and nutrition consultancy.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
- Program coordinator
- Judy Tweedie
This is the perfect program for anyone who wants to improve people’s lives through food.
In this program you will:
- Learn in a specialised teaching kitchen
- Role play clinical consultations
- Work with a real client to give them a nutrition assessment
- Gain experience in medical nutrition therapy, public health nutrition, and food service systems
After you complete two years of full-time study, choose to take an embedded honours stream to focus on a research area of interest.
Before undertaking Work Integrated Learning placement students must obtain a Blue card, complete a National Criminal History check and a QLD Health orientation package and may be required to complete first aid and CPR training. Students must also provide evidence of Hepatitis B immunisation, and evidence of vaccination for the diseases measles, mumps, rubella, varicella and pertussis — refer to Program Requirements.
Students will be required to undertake some placements outside the Sunshine Coast region in metropolitan and regional/rural centres. Expenses for these and other placement requirements are to be incurred by the student. Placements in fourth year are undertaken on a full-time basis.
Refer to the Dietetics - Placement page for further information.
- Clinical dietitian
- Sports nutrition
- Private practice
- Community nutrition
- Public health nutrition
- Food service management
- Nutrition consultancy
- Research and education
Graduates are eligible to become members of:
- Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) program upon graduation
What will I study?
Related newsUSC Newsroom
Identical twins cater to nutrition needs of Lightning3 August 2020
Identical twin sisters with USC Nutrition and Dietetics degrees are working to boost the power performances of Sunshine Coast Lightning players this season.