Civil engineers design solutions to complex problems that satisfy client needs and meet regulatory standards. In this course you will learn fundamental skills for your professional work as an engineer including: classical theory of structures and the design approach required by the Australian Standards; problem solving techniques and computer modelling skills to compute the structural responses of linear elastic structures to loads and predict structural behaviours; and the application of design codes to the determination of loads and load combinations for service and ultimate limit states.
- MEC221 and enrolled in Program SC410 or SC425
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.