Civil engineers need to design timber and steel structures and infrastructures that meet regulatory standards. In this course you will learn about the design philosophy adopted by the Australian Standards. You will develop the competencies to design timber and steel structures and their members and connections to limit states, and to detail the connections of these structures in compliance with Australian Standards AS 1720.1 and AS 4100.
- CIV200 and enrolled in Program SC410, SC425, SC411, SC404, SC405, AB101, UU301 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
View the current course outline for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.