This course introduces you to the skills and process of Person Centred counselling. It concentrates on the theory and practice of developing a therapeutic relationship from a humanistic perspective using micro-skills. It considers issues impacting on engagement, such as diversity, and differing types of client motivation. Framed in counselling, the skills taught relate to relationship building and communication in many interpersonal contexts outside formal counselling relationships.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 4A
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.