Engineering design is the practice of turning “dreams” into reality. It involves conceptualising and interpreting ideas and providing a feasible solution. This course introduces you to the whole systems design cycle approach in which you apply basic design concepts, analyse human-centric needs and solve problems to meet these needs. You will also learn how to communicate engineering designs using CAD. Using a design brief from a real-life challenge, you will work together in a group to come up with well-reasoned feasible solution to the identified problems.
- Enrolled in Program SC013, SC410, SC411, SC425, SC404, SC405, (SC367 and a Prosthetics and Orthotics Extended Major), AB101, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.