All land-based structures are founded on soil or rock. This practical course provides a broad overview of the composition of soils and their behaviour when subjected to forces or displacements. It focuses on practical assessment of soil properties and behaviour, supplemented by relevant theory and application. You examine the identification and classification of rocks and soils, the stresses that exist within a soil mass, soil deformation under loading and peculiarities of local soils. It is a problem-based learning course where you work individually and in groups to self-direct your learning.
- CIV2403(USQ Equivalent Course)
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.