This course deals with a wide range of domestic and international legal issues that affect Australian Indigenous people. You will consider topics ranging from the legal issues surrounding European settlement of Australia to the current debate about constitutional recognition of Indigenous Australians as part of a process of reconciliation. You will examine land rights and native title law, Indigenous governance, customary law, the operation of laws prohibiting racial discrimination, cultural heritage law, Indigenous intellectual property, and the interaction between Indigenous people and the criminal justice system.
- LAW206 and LAW301 and enrolled in any Law Program
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 4B
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B: Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
The outline for this course is currently unavailable.