An understanding of taxation law is vital to many areas of legal practice whether local or national and is recommended for all intending lawyers whether or not you intend to practise in this field. Taxation issues can arise in such diverse areas as family law, succession, sale of business or sale of land. You will cover key taxation concepts including income, assessable income, capital receipts, capital gains, fringe benefits tax, goods and services tax, deductions and avoidance. The course also considers the role of taxation as an instrument of public policy.
- LAW303 and enrolled in any Law Program
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 4B
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B: Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
The outline for this course is currently unavailable.