This course explores the influence that an illness has on a person and their family members. Nurses require knowledge and skills when caring for those affected with this experience. You will be introduced to several illness models for practice application and develop awareness of an individual’s needs in each phase of illness progression. You will implement the use of a social/ecological application to support health status, and changes in illness responses, and develop knowledge on the attributes of professional practice as a palliative approach to care to meet the challenges of long-term and life limiting care coordination.
- NUR117 or NUR103 and enrolled in Program SC391, SC392 or SC335
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Session 1, Session 4
- Caboolture: Session 1, Session 4
- Fraser Coast: Session 1, Session 4
- Gympie: Session 1, Session 4
- Student contribution band
- Band IA
- Tuition fee
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.