This course provides the chemical concepts essential for science, engineering and education. You study atomic theory, the Periodic Table, chemical bonding and reactions, electrochemistry, fundamentals of chemical thermodynamics including a general introduction to chemical equilibria, reaction kinetics, and the properties of gases, liquids and solutions. The course also explains the properties of acids and bases, the concept of pH, and buffer systems. An introduction to organic chemistry is provided. You work in teams in the laboratory to investigate chemical concepts.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.