Assess your options
Find a course that best supports your career aspirations, or one that extends your favourite subjects at school, or choose a course that counts towards the degree you want to study.
Refer to choosing a course to find a course offered in the most convenient semester of study for you.
When you are considering your options, keep in mind that some courses have prerequisites. You may be required to have completed relevant high school study, or sit an assessment to determine your skill level, to meet a course prerequisite. Course prerequisites are listed under each course description (where applicable).
Check your eligibility
As a Headstart student you will be taking on the additional workload of a university course (subject) so it is generally expected that Headstart students will be achieving above average results at school.
You are eligible to apply for Headstart if you:
- are an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or a Permanent Humanitarian visa holder. International students should speak with their school's Headstart Coordinator about their eligibility for the program.
- are currently completing a full workload of Year 11 or 12 curriculum.
- are achieving a B grade average or better. ^
- have the approval of your school to apply.
- speak English as your first language, or have met the minimum English language requirements for your chosen program.
^ Special circumstances may be considered on a case by case basis. The school must attach a written statement setting out the student's case for consideration.
Contact Student Central