TPP gives you the study skills and knowledge to succeed at university, and provides a pathway to a USC degree.
TPP is a bridging program that allows you to experience university life before jumping into a full degree. If you haven’t studied in a while, TPP helps you brush up on essential study skills like critical reading, assignment writing and referencing. It can also build your knowledge and confidence in the subject areas you’ll need for your degree, like science, business or maths.
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2021 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
After you successfully complete TPP, you will be able to gain direct entry into most USC degrees.
Flexible study options
You can study up to four TPP courses (or subjects) overall. TPP courses are offered in Semester 1 (February), Semester 2 (July) and Session 8 (intensive summer session, in November). You can study full time (four courses over one semester) or part time.
(Note: International TPP students must enrol full time.)
TPP courses are free for domestic students (Australian citizens, permanent residents and Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa holders, and New Zealand citizens). TPP courses are Austudy approved.
Indigenous TPP students may be eligible for an Indigenous Commonwealth scholarship.
For International TPP fees, visit International student fees.
Using TPP as a pathway into a degree
To receive an offer into your chosen degree, you need to be eligible for a selection rank that meets the minimum selection threshold for that program. Your selection rank will depend on how many TPP courses you complete and the grades you achieve in your TPP courses. As a result, we recommend you complete the full four TPP courses, to give yourself the best chance of success.
Note: TPP will not meet the minimum selection threshold for direct entry into some high-demand degree programs.
You will also need to have completed any subject prerequisites for your chosen degree. Check the list of recommended TPP courses to help you choose the correct ones.
If you are from a non-English speaking background, you will also be required to meet the English language requirements for your chosen USC program.
Please note that completed TPP courses cannot be used as credit towards a degree.
For more information on the application process, visit Apply for an undergraduate program from TPP.
- You must be at least 17 years of age at time of entry (International students must 18 years of age).
- If English is not your first language, you will need to have sufficient English skills to achieve an overall score of 6.0 and a minimum of 5.5 in all subtests of an IELTS test.
- International applicants’ academic history will be assessed for entry into TPP
To assist with your course selection, refer to the list of the study plans (recommended TPP courses) for USC programs. We highly recommend that prior to enrolling you read the courses synopsis and course outlines by clicking onto the TPP course codes below.
One (1) required course:
|Course||Semester of offer||Requisites|
|TPP101 Academic Skills for SuccessFL||Pre: Enrolled in Program TP000|
Plus select three (3) courses from:
|Course||Semester of offer||Requisites|
|TPP102 ICT for Academic and Professional Applications F||Pre: Enrolled in Program TP000|
|TPP103 Chemistry||Pre: Enrolled in Program TP000|
|TPP104 Mathematics||Pre: Enrolled in Program TP000|
|TPP105 Statistics||Pre: Enrolled in Program TP000|
|TPP107 Critical Thinking in Society||Pre: Enrolled in Program TP000|
|TPP108 Professional People Skills for Study, Community and Society||Pre: Enrolled in Program TP000|
|TPP109 Biology||Pre: Enrolled in Program TP000|
|TPP111 Business Study Skills||Pre: Enrolled in Program TP000|
|TPP115 Maths for Science and Engineering L||Pre: Enrolled in Program TP000|
For further details about locations and semesters that each TPP course is offered refer to the class timetable.
- To submit an application, go to how to apply. Please refer to application dates to apply before cut-off dates
- Program fees:there are no tuition fees for Australian or New Zealand citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or Holders of Humanitarian Visas. Fees for international students can be found at USC International fees and costs
- International students are non-Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian Permanent Residents. Summer Session and part-time options are not available to International students.
- Program details are subject to change
- For important semester dates see Academic Calenders
- Read the Student rules, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Refer to the Student Fees and Charges - Governing Policy for information about administrative fees that may apply