Under the University of the Sunshine Coast's Regional Preference Scheme, an adjustment of two (2) selection ranks will be made to applicants who:
- reside in the Sunshine Coast region and surrounds (see list below) or in regions outside the Sunshine Coast region classified as "Outer Regional", "Remote" or "Very Remote" under the Australian Standard Geographical Classification (ASGC) Remoteness Areas; and
- apply for admission to an undergraduate (Bachelor degree) program at the University of the Sunshine Coast. *
* This adjustment does not apply to the Bachelor of Medical Science
This means that if you are a:
- current Year 12 student and are ATAR and Regional Preference Scheme eligible, your ATAR score will be improved by two (eg an ATAR of 78.00 will be deemed as an ATAR of 80.00).
- non-Year 12 student and are Regional Preference Scheme eligible, your selection rank will be improved by two (eg a selection rank of 77 will be deemed 79).
Sunshine Coast regions
Applicants who reside in any of the following regional council areas are eligible for the Regional Preference adjustment:
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- Noosa Council
- Gympie Regional Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- Fraser Coast Regional Council
- South Burnett Regional Council