Funding overseas study
External and internal USC grants and OS Help loans are available for assistance with travel and in-country living costs.
- New Colombo Plan (NCP) Mobility Grants and Scholarship. Funding for eligible students for approved projects in the Indo-Pacific. Undergraduate, Honours. Short term and Semester study. Visit the NCP Scholarship Program website for 2021 Scholarship Guidelines* or the NCP Mobility Program website for the 2021 Grants Guidelines*
- Endeavour Leadership Program (ELP): Funds Global destinations (excl. those by NCP). Undergraduate, Honours. Funds global destinations including Asia and the Pacific for Masters by Coursework. Short Term and Semester Exchange.
- OSHelp: All Destinations. Semester and Short term. Contact Student Services and Engagement.
Current travel grants include:
- NCPSEM Japan: Undergraduate. Multidisciplinary *
- NCPSEM Korea: Undergraduate. Multidisciplinary *
- NCPSEM Taiwan: Undergraduate. Multidisciplinary *
- ELPSE Switzerland: Undergraduate. Multidisciplinary *
For more information contact Study Overseas .
* To be eligible, applicants must meet the funding body’s eligibility requirements. A limited number of grants are available and availability is subject to change at any time.
OS-HELP is a Commonwealth Government loan program that provides financial assistance to eligible students wishing to undertake part of their Commonwealth Supported program overseas.
In 2020, the maximum students can borrow for a six-month study period is:
- A$6,913 for Non-Asian countries
- A$8,295 for Asian countries
For more information contact Student Central.
New Colombo Plan Scholarship
This prestigious and generous Australian Government Scholarship provides funding support for eligible Australian undergraduate students to undertake semester-based study, internships/mentorships and language training in 40 participating Indo-Pacific locations.
For more information visit the NCP Scholarship Program website.
Contact the USC International Liaison Officer.
* To be nominated to apply, applicants must meet both USC's and the funding body’s eligibility requirements. This is a competitive Scholarship and a limited number are offered each year.
Current travel grants include:
New Colombo Plan (NCP) up to A$3,000
- Borneo/Malaysia: Design
- Brunei Darussalam: Environmental Science
- Cambodia / Laos - Free the Bears: Animal Ecology, Environmental Science, PR, Tourism, Design, Engineering, Journalism
- Cambodia: Sustainability, Agriculture, Environment
- China: Social Sciences programs and electives
- India: Urban Design and Planning, Social Sciences, Engineering, Creative Indistries
- Indonesia: Nursing, Nutrition, Multidisciplinary
- Japan: Language and culture
- Kiribati: Nutrition
- Nepal: Nursing, Multidisciplinary Health, Urban Planning, Science and Engineering, Business, Education (WFE)
- Samoa: High Performance Sport program, Multidisciplinary
- Singapore: Outdoor Environmental Education (WFE)
- Solomon Islands: Nutrition
- Thailand: Business, Tourism
- Vanuatu: Occupational Therapy, Nutrition, Heritage studies
Rules and conditions
- Undertaking an Undergraduate program (Bachelor or Honours) at USC
- Must be an Australian citizen
- Age limit 18-28 yrs at commencement of mobility project (applies to 70% of participants). 30% allowance for participants over 28 yrs per project.
- Students cannot receive a Student Grant to undertake a Mobility Project in a Host Location in which they have dual citizenship or residency rights, or in which they have previously been a citizen or permanent resident
- Not have previously received an NCP short term grant
- Must obtain credit for course in which overseas travel is a component