Applications are now closed.
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program supports students with the costs of studying at university or at a vocational education and training institution.
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program supports students from regional and remote areas in Australia with the costs of studying at university. The program must be either Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Health or Agriculture
The program aims to:
- increase the number of students engaging with STEM disciplines
- increase the number of students able to undertake their preferred course of STEM study, irrespective of their location
- increase program participants' rate of course completion relative to their peers
Scholarship recipients may receive total scholarship funding up to $18,000, based on program length and type of study or training. The minimum duration a scholarship can support is six months full-time and the maximum is four years full-time (or part-time equivalent).
- must be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident, holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia;
- must not have already commenced their Eligible Course of Study (including STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) tertiary education courses)
- applicant’s permanent home address must be in a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS).
- Selection criteria
- Financial Need
- Other considerations
- Eligible programs
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Health or Agriculture
Up to $18,000 each