Applications for Semester 1 2023 scholarships are now open.
Applicants will be advised the outcome of their application by close of business on Tuesday 28 February 2023.
Offered for the first time in Semester 1, 2018, the Gympie & District Community Bank® TPP/UniSC Scholarship will provide funds to support TPP students from the UniSC Gympie transitioning to a UniSC undergraduate degree.
The Gympie & District Community Bank® TPP/UniSC Scholarship is part of the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship Program, with numerous Community Bank® branches and other partners taking part in similar support of tertiary education across Australia. The Gympie & District Community Bank® TPP/UniSC Scholarship aims to support TPP students from UniSC Gympie who are transitioning to a UniSC undergraduate degree at UniSC.
The Scholarship provides financial assistance to offset the costs associated with tertiary study that can have a significant impact on a student's ability to further their education and in some instances they may not get the chance to go to university without financial help.
Each Scholarship is valued at $2,000 and the number of Scholarships available per year may vary pending the funds available. It is the intention that two or more scholarships will be made available each year. The Scholarship will be paid to the recipients as a lump sum of $2,000 each after enrolment has been confirmed at Census Date in Semester 1. Scholarship payment will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
Please Note: This scholarship or bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship or bursary will not be awarded.
- a student who has completed the Tertiary Preparation Pathway at UniSC Gympie
- subsequently enrolled full-time in any undergraduate program at UniSC Gympie
- a student living in the Gympie Regional Council Area (postcodes: 4570, 4580, 4581, 4600, 4601)
- Australian citizen, Permanent Resident of Australia, or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- preference will be given to students who are experiencing additional challenging circumstances
- preference will be given to students not already in receipt of a UniSC scholarship or bursary
- Eligible programs
- Any undergraduate program at UniSC Gympie
- Number available
- TBC for 2023