Applications have now closed for Semester 2, 2020.
Selections will be held in July/August with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday 28 August 2020.
Study support bursary for full time undergraduate indigenous students enrolled in Nursing Science program.
Offered for the first time in Semester 2, 2019, the Helen Sethna Nursing Bursary shall be awarded to one (1) indigenous student who is enrolled in an undergraduate Nursing Science program in 2020. The student may be studying at any USC campus.
The bursary will be valued at $1,500 and paid as a lump sum after enrolment checks following Census date of Semester 2.
Please note: This bursary is offered through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship or bursary will not be awarded.
- full-time indigenous student
- enrolled in undergraduate Nursing Science program
- successfully completed two full-time semesters (96 credit points)
- minimum grade point average (GPA) 4.0
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder or permanent resident of Australia
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- hours worked in paid employment or commitment to activities that impact on the time available for the student to study (e.g. compulsory fieldwork placement, significant carer responsibilities)
- academic merit
- Eligible programs
- Undergraduate Nursing Science program
- Number available