Applications for Semester 1, 2021 are now closed.
The CIDSEL Honours Stipend is for high achieving students who are commencing in their honours year of an undergraduate program at USC whose research objectives are aligned with CIDSEL’s areas of work.
USC's Centre for International Development, Social Entrepreneurship and Leadership (CIDSEL) works with policy makers, governments, investors, small business owners and entrepreneurs to:
- develop effective policies and financing solutions
- foster creativity and innovation
- create positive social change
CIDSEL helps entrepreneurs connect with markets through technical training and networking, policy development and empowerment programs. CIDSEL’s programs place emphasis on creating solutions, collaborating with partners, and connecting with communities.
The stipend aims to support recipients to develop and apply their skills within the context of CIDSEL’s work. Subject to meeting the requirements of CIDSEL, an internship and/or other professional development opportunities may be offered to the recipient.
Please Note: This stipend is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by CIDSEL. If funding is not available in any given year, the stipend will not be awarded.
- commencing honours year of an undergraduate program at USC
- enrolled full-time
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa Holder
- Selection criteria
- delivery of a pitch of the applicant’s research objectives in alignment with the aims of CIDSEL’s areas of development work (as advised by CIDSEL)
- Eligible programs
- Honours year of an undergraduate program or end-on honour program
- Number available
Student contribution fee-waiver for first semester of honours year with view to continue for second semester. Fee-waiver does not cover SSAF.