Applications are now open for Semester 1, 2021.
Selections will be held in January/February with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday, 26 February 2021.
The CIDSEL Regional Development Scholarship is for high achieving local students who are commencing their final year in an eligible technology-based program at USC. The Scholarship aims to support students within the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Wide Bay areas to develop and apply their skills within the region.
USC's Centre for International Development, Social Entrepreneurship and Leadership (CIDSEL) works with policy makers, governments, investors, small business owners and entrepreneurs to:
- develop effective policies and financing solutions
- foster creativity and innovation
- create positive social change
CIDSEL helps entrepreneurs connect with markets through technical training and networking, policy development and empowerment programs. CIDSEL’s programs place emphasis on creating solutions, collaborating with partners, and connecting with communities.
This Scholarship is valued at $5,000 to be paid in instalments of $2,500 per semester for up to two semesters of full-time study. Payment will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
Subject to meeting the requirements of CIDSEL, an internship and/or other professional development opportunities may be offered to the recipient.
Donations to the CIDSEL Scholarship Fund can be made here.
Please Note: This scholarship is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by CIDSEL and external donations. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- resident of the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Gympie or Fraser Coast local government area for a minimum of two years immediately prior to, and at the time of application
- full-time undergraduate student enrolled in one of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Design (Game Design)
- Bachelor of Serious Games
- Bachelor of Design (Interactive and UX Design)
- commencing third year, having successfully completed 192 units of the degree and with at least 96 units of study remaining until degree completion
- minimum grade point average (GPA) 5.0
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa Holder
- Selection criteria
- academic merit
- demonstrated interest in the computer programming and development industry and a stated commitment to fully participate in work placement and/or other opportunities presented by CIDSEL
- leadership skills demonstrated through academic, extra-curricular and/or community contribution
- subject to approval of the selection panel, preference may be given to a student who resides in the Noosa Local Government Area
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology, Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Design (Game Design), Bachelor of Serious Games, Bachelor of Design (Interactive and UX Design)
- Number available