Applications are now closed for Semester 1, 2020. Selections will be held in January/February with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday, 28 February 2020.
This scholarship will be offered again in Semester 1, 2022.
Supporting a commencing, undergraduate engineering student who must move away from their home residence in a regional or remote area to undertake university study.
The Greg White Regional Engineering Scholarship supports students who must move away from their home residence in a regional or remote area to undertake university study. The scholarship supports high achieving students commencing the Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours} degree at USC, understanding that these students would be unable to achieve their education and career goals unless they relocate to pursue these opportunities.
Dr Greg White will donate A$32,000 in total over the duration of the agreement to USC, for the purpose of funding two undergraduate students undertaking a Bachelor of Civil Engineering degree. One recipient will be awarded in 2020, and another awarded in 2022, with a total value of A$16,000 per scholarship. The Scholarship will be paid as A$2,000 per semester for 8 semesters of full time study for the standard duration of the program (4 year). Scholarship payment will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
- Commencing full time student in first undergraduate program
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Relocating from a regional or remote area to study at USC
- Permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- Academic achievement
- Statement detailing academic and career aspirations
- Preference will be given to students with an interest in pavement engineering
- Financial need
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Number available
- 1 in 2020
A$16,000 per scholarship