Applications are now closed for Semester 1, 2020.
This scholarship will be offered again in Semester 1, 2022.
Supporting a commencing, undergraduate engineering student who must move away from their home residence in a regional or remote area to undertake university study.
The Greg White Regional Engineering Scholarship supports students who must move away from their home residence in a regional or remote area to undertake university study. The scholarship supports high achieving students commencing the Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours} degree at USC, understanding that these students would be unable to achieve their education and career goals unless they relocate to pursue these opportunities.
Dr Greg White will donate A$32,000 in total over the duration of the agreement to USC, for the purpose of funding two undergraduate students undertaking a Bachelor of Civil Engineering degree. One recipient will be awarded in 2020, and another awarded in 2022, with a total value of A$16,000 per scholarship. The Scholarship will be paid as A$2,000 per semester for 8 semesters of full time study for the standard duration of the program (4 year). Scholarship payment will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
Please Note: This scholarship or bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship or bursary will not be awarded.
- Commencing full time student in first undergraduate program
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Relocating from a regional or remote area to study at USC
- Permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- Academic achievement
- Statement detailing academic and career aspirations
- Preference will be given to students with an interest in pavement engineering
- Financial need
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Number available
- 1 in 2020
A$16,000 per scholarship