Applications are now closed for Semester 1, 2021.
Year 12 graduates from Immanuel Lutheran College commencing study at USC
Applications close by 5.00pm on Friday 29 January 2021. A selection panel will review applications and announce the Walker Scholar at the beginning of March. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by mid March.
History of the Scholarship
First awarded in 2000, the Scholarship was established by past parent and College benefactor Jocelyn Walker, daughter Wendy (Class of 1989) and son Drew (Class of 1993), in memory of husband and father Vic Walker who established Moby Vics on the Sunshine Coast. The Scholarship represents the special and ongoing relationship between the College and the Walker family.
What does the Scholarship cover?
This Scholarship is awarded to a Year 12 Graduate of Immanuel Lutheran College who undertakes to complete their degree at the University of the Sunshine Coast. Depending on the program of study, the scholarship is valued between $4,500 to $9,000 and covers student tuition fees (HECS) for up to eight courses in the first year of study.
How is the winner selected?
The Scholarship is not entirely needs-based or merit-based. A history of dedication to the Immanuel Lutheran College ethos will be well regarded. The selection panel comprises the Head of Secondary School at Immanuel Lutheran College; a representative from the University of the Sunshine Coast; and Jocelyn, Wendy or Drew Walker.
A graduate will not be eligible for the Vic Walker Memorial Scholarship if they have already received a high value Excellence Scholarship from USC. This would normally mean a scholarship with a value of $9,000 or more.
Please Note: This scholarship is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- Year 12 graduates of Immanuel Lutheran College who undertake to complete their degree at USC are eligible to apply for the VWMS in the year following their graduation.
- You should apply if you have nominated USC as one of your preferences.
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- • Sound academic record and results
• Commitment to Immanuel Lutheran College and USC
• Qualities that were admired by Vic Walker – dedication, responsibility, community service and generosity to others.
- Eligible programs
- All undergraduate programs
- Number available
Up to A$9,000