Applications are now closed for Semester 1, 2021.
Selections will be held in January/February with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday, 26 February 2021.
Students commencing Honours study after completion of their Bachelor degree
USC Vice-Chancellor's Honours Scholarships are to encourage and support students commencing an Honours program, with a long term view to enter the research field.
Scholarship payments will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date of each Semester, once enrolment has been confirmed.
- students commencing Honours study at USC
- enrolled as a Commonwealth supported student in any 'end-on' Honours program (e.g. not an embedded Honours or Professional Honours program)
- not already in receipt of a USC merit scholarship or a USC Honours or postgraduate Indigenous Scholarship for Honours year of study.
- Selection criteria
- academic merit, based on GPA for advanced level courses undertaken
- research focus and potential alignment to a USC area of research concentration - USC Research concentrations
- intention/motivation for ongoing study/research and pursuit of a Higher Degree by Research (HDR)
- Eligible programs
- All programs offering 'end-on' Honours
- Number available
- At least 10 offered each year
A$5,000 per annum for up to one year of full-time study (comprising 96 units). Part-time students will receive pro rata payment, equivalent to the units of study.