Semester 2 2021 scholarship applications are now open and will close on 31 May 2021.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by close of business on Friday, 27 August 2021.
Students commencing Honours study after completion of their Bachelor degree
USC Vice-Chancellor's Honours Scholarships are to encourage and support students commencing an Honours program, with a long term view to enter the research field.
Scholarship payments will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date of each Semester, once enrolment has been confirmed.
- students commencing Honours study at USC
- enrolled as a Commonwealth supported student in any 'end-on' Honours program (e.g. not an embedded Honours or Professional Honours program)
- not already in receipt of a USC merit scholarship or a USC Honours or postgraduate Indigenous Scholarship for Honours year of study.
- Selection criteria
- academic merit, based on GPA for advanced level courses undertaken
- research focus and potential alignment to a USC area of research concentration - USC Research concentrations
- intention/motivation for ongoing study/research and pursuit of a Higher Degree by Research (HDR)
- Eligible programs
- All programs offering 'end-on' Honours
- Number available
- 10 to be offered each year
A$5,000 per annum for up to one year of full-time study (comprising 96 units). Part-time students will receive pro rata payment, equivalent to the units of study.
- Vice-Chancellor's Honours Scholarship Application