Expressions of interest closed 8 August 2022.
Education, Health, Nursing, Sport Sciences, Humanities, Psychology and Social Sciences
Living stipend for 3 years with the possibility of a 6-month extension in approved circumstances.
AU$30,000 per annum, paid in fortnightly instalments.
Must remain enrolled on a full-time basis
An opportunity exists for an outstanding, full-time PhD candidate to undertake an agreed program of research examining the workforce mental health and wellbeing and work practices of a major industry body. The research will be used to inform future best practice programs and initiatives.
This Higher Degree by Research arrangement will include an industry sponsored scholarship as a stipend for this student ($30k per year, for 3 years). UniSC will provide supervision, graduate research support, and support the student to publish multiple peer-reviewed papers throughout the course of their PhD, which will form the basis of the thesis.
Students with undergraduate and/or postgraduate backgrounds in the following disciplines are encouraged to apply:
- Medical and Health Sciences;
- Allied Health;
- Social and Behavioural Sciences;
- Nutrition and Dietetics;
- Sport and Exercise Science;
- Computer and Data Science;
- IT and Communications Technology.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Relevant research and research reporting experience and publications (very highly desirable)
- Is a highly motivated self-starter, who possesses a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Candidates are expected to have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Has the ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to think laterally
- Has demonstrated organisational ability and good record-keeping skills
For questions or to submit your Expression of Interest, please contact Ms Elise Jione.
This will be a two-stage application process:
Stage 1 - Expression of Interest:
- Download and complete the USC Research Scholarship (USCRS) application form.
- Email your Expression of Interest (EOI) to the contact person and attach:
- USCRS application form
- Cover letter
- Current CV
- The scholarship panel will review the EOI. If shortlisted, you will be invited for interview.
- The preferred applicant will be invited to formally apply for HDR program and Scholarship.
Stage 2 - Formal application (only if you have been invited to apply)
- Read the important information on How to Apply for a HDR Program at UniSC.
- Submit your USCRS application form as a supporting document when submitting your HDR Program application.
*Scholarship offer is subject to applicant meeting the eligibility requirements for entry into a higher degree by research program at UniSC.
- Be accepted into the Doctor of Philosophy program at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
- Bachelor’s Degree with First Class Honours or equivalent previous study, relevant work experience, research publications, or other research experience.
- Not hold a PhD.
- Not have previously held a Commonwealth-funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the current scholarship’s payments commencing.
- Not be the recipient of an equivalent award, scholarship, or salary, providing a benefit greater than 75 percent of the Research Training Program rate to undertake a HDR. Income unrelated to the course of study is not to be taken into account
- Satisfactory progress must be maintained throughout the PhD program.
- Selection criteria
Read the Higher Degree by Research Scholarships - Awarding Guidelines prior to responding to the below selection criteria:
- Criterion 1: Academic Achievement (Minimum academic qualifications as outlined in the USC HDR Candidature – Procedures eligibility requirements for PhD program admission)
- Criterion 2: Research Capability