Currently accepting applications
The Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship was established by the Australian Commonwealth Government to support high achieving domestic and international students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Master degrees.
Scholarships are administered by USC on behalf of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. Students can be offered RTP scholarships for one or more of the following:
- tuition fees offset
- stipend for general living costs
- allowances related to the ancillary cost of research degrees.
USC runs multiple selection rounds each year. For further information on eligibility, application dates and instructions on applying for a RTP scholarship, please go to the Applying for a Research Training Scholarship webpage.
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset or RTP Allowance you must:
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a Higher Degree by Research program at USC or be currently enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research program at USC
- Must not already have an equivalent qualification to the one for which they are currently applying.
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, a student must not be receiving a living allowance award, or scholarship that provides an income greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate. Income unrelated to the student’s HDR or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- To be eligible to receive a RTP Fees Offset Scholarship, a student must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR tuition fees.
- Eligible programs
- Higher Degree by Research
- Number available
- Multiple Scholarships
- Applying for a Research Training Scholarship