Applications for 2020 are now closed. The selection process is underway. Applicants will be notified of the outcome when finalised.
The Roberta M.C. Taylor Rural/Remote Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship will encourage study with a rural or remote focus.
Thanks to the generous donation from Roberta M.C. Taylor, USC is pleased to offer a scholarship in Rural and Remote Nursing and Midwifery for Honours, Higher Degree by Research or Postgraduate by Coursework students. Mrs Taylor has requested that the scholarship assists with capacity building in the area of Nursing and Midwifery in rural and remote communities across Australia, with a preference for Queensland and the Northern Territory, west of the Great Dividing Range. Mrs Taylor has expressed an interest in the student returning to a rural or remote area to provide Nursing/Midwifery care to their community.
- To be eligible for this award, an applicant:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or Australian Permanent Resident
- must have completed either a Bachelor of Nursing Science or a Bachelor of Nursing Science/Bachelor of Midwifery
- must meet the eligibility criteria for admission into the degree applied for
- Selection criteria
- The preferred applicant will:
- be a commencing student from a rural/remote area of Australia who will relocate to the Sunshine Coast to study at USC; or
- has completed a rural or remote placement and is undertaking study with a rural or remote focus
- Eligible programs
- Honours, Postgraduate by Coursework or Higher Degrees by Research
- Number available
- one per annum