Applications open until January 4 2023
Project Title: Warm water immersion during labour: evaluating opportunities to increase spontaneous vaginal birth in nulliparous women.
Project Summary: Birth is a complex, dynamic process and maternal preferences and clinician expertise are key factors in collaborative clinical decision making to support primary spontaneous vaginal birth. A prospective study will be undertaken to enhance access to warm water immersion during birth. This project will design, implement and evaluate a flexible evidence-based approach to support clinicians and mothers in improving warm water immersion access and uptake.
This is a three year full time scholarship in the study area of Women's and Children's health & maternity care.
The position will involve working with the broader, interdisciplinary research team (including consumers and clinical partners), ethical and governance applications, data collection, data analysis and subsequent development of a ToolKit to be piloted within the Sunshine Coast University Hospital. The importance of this project has been recognised through this jointly funded full-time PhD scholarship.
The ideal candidate will have a strong intrinsic motivation to improve perinatal health. Well-developed communication and scholarly skills are important. Previous experience in research (including publications) and in working in maternity services in a high-resource setting is desirable.
- Be accepted into a Higher Degrees by Research program at the University of the Sunshine Coast
Specific Eligibility Criteria not listed above:
Qualifications and current Professional Registration to practice in a relevant health discipline
- Selection criteria
- Criterion 1: Academic Achievement
- Criterion 2: Research Capability
Project specific criteria:
Criterion 3: Commitment to evidence-informed clinical practice in perinatal health and maternity care
- Eligible programs
- PhD - Doctor of Philosophy
- Number available
1 -Tuition offset for 3 years with the possibility of a 6-month extension in approved circumstances. (minimum total value $66 000 aud)
2- Living stipend of $33 446.56 (2023 UniSC research rate) per annum tax-free, paid in fortnightly instalments. The rate is indexed annually commensurate with the RTP base stipend rate. 3 years coverage with the possibility of a 6-month extension in approved circumstances.
3 - $2000 Allowance (Standard with a RTPS for relocation, Publication and thesis costs as per scholarship conditions
Application open to domestic applicants (Australian or New Zealand citizens/permanent residents) only
This will be a two-stage application process:
Stage 1 - Expression of Interest:
Contact Person Professor Fiona Bogossian - email@example.com
- Download and complete the USC Research Scholarship (USCRS) application form. USC Research Scholarship (USCRS) application form.
- Email your Expression of Interest (EOI) to the contact person and attach:
- USCRS application form
- Cover letter
- Current CV
- The scholarship panel will review the EOI. If shortlisted, you will be invited for interview.
- The preferred applicant will be invited to formally apply for HDR program and Scholarship.
Stage 2 - Formal application (only if you have been invited to apply)
- Read the important information on How to Apply for a HDR Program at USC.
- Submit your USCRS application form as a supporting document when submitting your HDR Program application.
*scholarship offer is subject to applicant meeting the eligibility requirements for entry into a higher degree by research program at USC.