Applications close on 31 August
The USC 1996 Society is the vehicle in which supporters of UniSC can contribute to the University’s general endowment, the UniSC Visionaries Fund.
This award of $5000 is intended to provide financial support to a higher degree by research (HDR) student at UniSC. The award is provided to assist with students' who haven't received a stipend payment but have been confirmed in candiature.
The 1996 Visionary HDR Scholarships are made possible by the generous support of the UniSC 1996 Society members and visionaries who contribute to the UniSC Visionaries endowment.
Students must meet all the listed below to be eligible for application
1) Completed their Confirmation of Candidature milestone
2) Not have previously held a Commonwealth-funded postgraduate research stipend scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the current scholarship’s payments commencing
3) Not be the recipient of an equivalent award, scholarship, or salary, providing a benefit greater than 75 percent of the RTP stipend rate to undertake a HDR. Income unrelated to the course of study is not to be taken into account.
4) Maintain satisfactory progress
5) Not hold an equivalent qualification to the one currently being applied for
- Selection criteria
- Academic qualifications
- Alignment of the proposed research to one of USC’s areas of research concentration
- Record of research publications
- Professional research experience
- Eligible programs
- Doctor of Philosophy & Master by Research programs
- Number available
One off payment of $5000 AUD
Formal application - only for those who meet eligibility. Scholarship Contact person is Professor Stephan Riek the Dean of the Graduate Research School. Scholarship reference code is USCRS1996.
- Download and complete the USC Research Scholarship (USCRS) application form.
- Email email@example.com
- Attach the USCRS application form
- Attach Cover letter - 250 word letter addressed to the Dean of Graduate Research as to why you are a suitable recipient
- The Dean of Graduate Research panel will review submission. If shortlisted, you may be invited for interview with the Dean or Selection Panel