Applications for Semester 1 2023 scholarships are now open and will close on Sunday 8 January 2023.
Applicants will be advised the outcome of their application by close of business on Tuesday 28 February 2023.
The Indigenous Student Success Program (ISSP) is intended to assist indigenous students who are from low-income backgrounds, and indigenous students who face significant financial barriers to studying at university.
These scholarships are for indigenous enabling students enrolled in a Commonwealth-supported place at UniSC and will be available subject to funding from the federal government.
Recipients will receive $2,500 over two semesters ($1,250 per semester) and is to assist indigenous students to meet the costs of living while studying.
Recipients will receive $5,000 over two semesters ($2,500 per semester) and is to assist indigenous students who have relocated from a rural or remote area to commence study at USC.
Scholarship payments will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
Please note: If you are a recipient of a USC Indigenous Student Success Scholarship or an Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarship, you cannot receive more than a combined total of 2 payments of the undergraduate Enabling Education Costs Scholarship or 2 payments of the undergraduate Enabling Relocation Costs Scholarship.
- identifying as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- enrolled full-time in Tertiary Preparation Pathway (TPP) at UniSC (or part-time, where there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time enrolment)
- has not previously completed the requirements of an undergraduate program
- evidence of financial need
- relocating from a rural, regional or remote area to study at UniSC (UniSC Indigenous Relocation Costs Scholarships only)
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- other equity considerations and personal circumstances
- relocation status (USC Indigenous Relocation Costs Scholarships only)
- Eligible programs
- Tertiary Preparation Pathway (TPP)
- Number available
TPP Students APPLY HERE