This scholarship will be offered again in Semester 1, 2022.
To financially support an existing beneficiary of the Mal Pratt Youth Development Foundation with their undergraduate studies at USC.
Offered for the first time in Semester 1, 2019, the Mal Pratt Youth Development Foundation of Maroochydore Surf Life Saving Club will financially support one student for the duration of their undergraduate program.
One (1) Scholarship with a total value of A$4,000 per year will be provided to the successful scholarship recipient during each year of their undergraduate study at the University of the Sunshine Coast (3 or 4 years, depending on standard program duration).
Paid up front as a lump sum of A$2,000 at the start of each semester for the standard duration of the Program. Scholarship payments will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date of the relevant Semester, once enrolment has been confirmed.
• Commencing or continuing in any undergraduate program at USC
• Full time or part time enrolment (pro-rata payment will apply)
• Permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian visa holder
- Selection criteria
• An existing beneficiary of the Mal Pratt Youth Development Foundation and has completed the full Foundation program based on the combination of Learning or Earning/Sport & Recreation/Community Involvement (Life Saving), over a minimum 3-year period immediately prior to a scholarship application
• Current active member of the Maroochydore Surf Life Saving Club, a holder of a Bronze Medallion Award, and a patrolling member of the club for the 3-year period immediately prior to a scholarship application.
- Eligible programs
- Any undergraduate program
- Number available
A$4,000 per year for duration of program