Get $5,000 to help you study at USC in 2021
Does studying at uni mean moving away from home for you? If you’re relocating to start at USC in 2021 – or you’d like to – you might be eligible for $5,000 to help with moving and study costs under the Federal Government’s Tertiary Access Payment (TAP) program.
A TAP scholarship can help you with start-up living costs such as bond for accommodation, assistance with rent and other household bills, groceries, textbooks and other study supplies.
To be eligible for TAP, you must be:
- from an outer-regional, remote or very remote area (use the Student Regional Area Search tool to check your eligibility) *
- relocating to study at a USC campus that is at least 90 minutes by public transport from your family home**
- beginning study in the year immediately following completion of Year 12 or equivalent (in the first available semester of your chosen program)
- enrolled full time in a diploma or bachelor-level qualification (with a duration of at least two semesters)
- studying on campus or in dual-delivery method (blended learning)
- from a household with parent(s) or guardian(s) whose combined income is less than $250,000
TAP scholarships are paid in two instalments in the first year of your studies: $3,000 in the first semester and $2,000 in the second semester. Payments will be made following census date for the relevant semester.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for Semester 1, 2021 are now closed.
*An applicant’s location classification and remoteness area is defined using the Australian Statistical Geography Standard - Remoteness Area classification
**The family home is the current home address of the applicant’s parent or guardian or it is the address the applicant was living 6 months before the start of their course, if they do not live in the family home.