Get $5,000 to help you study at USC in 2021
Does studying at uni mean moving away from home for you? If you’re relocating to start at USC in 2021 – or you’d like to – you might be eligible for $5,000 to help with moving and study costs under the Federal Government’s Tertiary Access Payment (TAP) program.
A TAP scholarship can help you with start-up living costs such as bond for accommodation, assistance with rent and other household bills, groceries, textbooks and other study supplies.
To be eligible for TAP, you must be:
- from an outer-regional, remote or very remote area (use the Student Regional Area Search tool to check your eligibility) *
- relocating to study at a USC campus that is at least 90 minutes by public transport from your family home**
- beginning study in the year immediately following completion of Year 12 or equivalent (in the first available semester of your chosen program)
- enrolled full time in a diploma or bachelor-level qualification (with a duration of at least two semesters)
- studying on campus or in dual-delivery method (blended learning)
- from a household with parent(s) or guardian(s) whose combined income is less than $250,000
TAP scholarships are paid in two instalments in the first year of your studies: $3,000 in the first semester and $2,000 in the second semester. Payments will be made following census date for the relevant semester.
ApplICATIONS NOW OPEN
Scholarships will be awarded to eligible applicants in order of application date.
*An applicant’s location classification and remoteness area is defined using the Australian Statistical Geography Standard - Remoteness Area classification
**The family home is the current home address of the applicant’s parent or guardian or it is the address the applicant was living 6 months before the start of their course, if they do not live in the family home.