Gain the skills needed to give evidence-based, person-centred mental health care through high-quality treatment plans (GPMHTPs) in this level 1 Mental Health Skills Training.
Become eligible to claim higher MBS rebates through items 2715 and 2717 (or 281, 282 for non VR-GPs). Build on the GP pathways to become an FPS provider.
RACGP and GPMHSC accredited with 40 CPD points.
Learn from experts at USC’s Thompson Institute, a world-leading hub for mental health and neuroscience research, clinical practice and education.
- Understanding mental health historical context
- The psychiatric interview
- Mental status examination and risk assessment
- Managing risk in general practice
- Key mental disorders
- Treatment planning
- Optimising treatment though the MBS billing cycle
- Relapse prevention
- Mental health service system
- Insights into SE Qld community needs
- Dr Edwin Kruys, General Practitioner
- Dr Adem Can, Consultant Psychiatrist
- Megan Dutton, Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Guest speakers: consumer and carer perspectives
- RACGP (40 CPD points)
Level 1 GP Mental Health Skills Training
Suitable for: GPs, GP registrars and practice nurses
CPD points: 40
Venue: USC's Thompson Institute, Birtinya