Gain the skills needed to give evidence-based, person-centred mental health care.
Highly interactive, this training provides a base for working with people experiencing mild to severe mental disorders.
Broaden your mental health skill set and understand the finer points of mental health assessments and mental state examinations
Multidisciplinary training environment.
GPs will become eligible to claim higher MBS rebates through items 2715 and 2717 (or 281, 282 for non VR-GPs).
RACGP and GPMHSC accredited with 40 CPD points.
Learn from experts at USC’s Thompson Institute, a world-leading hub for mental health and neuroscience research, clinical practice and education.
- Understanding mental health historical context
- The psychiatric interview
- Mental status examination and risk assessment
- Managing risk in general practice
- Key mental disorders
- Treatment planning
- Optimising treatment though the MBS billing cycle
- Relapse prevention
- Mental health service system
- Insights into SE Qld community needs
- Dr Adem Can, Consultant Psychiatrist
- Melissa Herdy, Clinical Psychologist
- Megan Dutton, Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Guest speakers: consumer and carer perspectives
- RACGP (40 CPD points)
Mental Health Skills Training
When: Thursday, 5 May
Time: 8.30am - 5pm
Price: $600 for GPs, $300 for health professionals
CPD points: 40
Venue: USC's Thompson Institute, Birtinya
Email for further information: TI_clinicalservices@usc.edu.au
Interested in future dates?
Get notified when future dates for Mental Health Skills Training become available. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org