This safeTALK workshop offers participants practical knowledge of how to identify someone at risk of suicide and link them to life-saving services.
- Four-hour training workshop to increase suicide alertness, contributing to a suicide-safer community
- Learn simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Hands-on skills practice and development
- Expect to feel challenged, empowered and hopeful
- Certificate of attendance and workbooks provided.
WHO WE ARE:
UniSC's Alliance for Suicide Prevention - Sunshine Coast strives to create a connected community to improve mental wellbeing and resiliency to suicidality and its precursors.
We exist because suicide rates in Australia are too high.
To address this, we're implementing the EAAD model, shown to have reduced suicide rates by 24 per cent within two years. A big part of this is 'gatekeeper' training like this safeTALK workshop.
By attending this workshop to become suicide-alert, you're joining a growing network of Sunshine Coast residents, businesses and organisations committed to playing their part to make our community safer from suicide.
COST: Free (value $120)
CATERING: Morning tea, coffee
FACILITATOR: Kali Gray