Solve real-world business problems.
This is a great opportunity to bring heart and mind together and create a pathway for you to shine in research.
You have a hankering to undertake an important research project in the field of business, but you haven’t yet acquired the high level research techniques needed to move forward.
Or, perhaps you are a Masters graduate and are looking for an entry ticket into a research higher degree program.
USC offers this course to help you close those gaps and get a business research degree. In this Graduate Certificate, we deliver four courses, covering research concepts, design and methodology.
During the program, you work with USC academic staff to more fully develop proposed research topics.
It only takes four months to complete and by the end of the course you have a much clearer idea about your plans for higher degree research studies.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Business or a related field or enrolment in (or completion of) a coursework Masters degree such as an MBA.
- Candidates whose first language is other than English must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements.
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
What will I study
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your Recommended Study Sequence.
Required courses (4)
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 48
Recommended study sequence
Students who commenced prior to the current semester must complete the courses from their original program structure unless otherwise advised. For courses no longer included in the current sequence, use the course links in your structure for details of requisites and scheduling. This is a recommended study sequence to complete your program within the specified full-time duration.
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the general postgraduate admission requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Download and complete the Application for postgraduate coursework form and submit directly to USC.
- Lodge the completed application form with supporting documentation to Student Central by the due date.
How to enrol
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key semester/session/trimester enrolment dates.
- Current students
- Step 1 - Enrol in your courses
- Step 2 - Select your class times
- How to enrol once Class selection has opened
- Headstart, Cross-institutional and Visiting students
- New students
- Plan your study
- Confirm your enrolment
- More information
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key semester/session/trimester dates.
Enrolling is a 2 step process:
Note: If you enrol in a course but don't select a class time (step 2), you'll be charged the fee for the course at census date. You can swap, drop or add courses up until the end of week 2, and remove courses from your enrolment up until census date. View key dates in the academic calendars.
View the instructions to complete Step 1 in the video below or the Enrol in your courses PDF guide.
All students (excluding Headstart, Cross institutional and Visiting students)
Tip: Select your classes as soon as Class selection opens as classes can fill quickly.
* We will be in contact with you to let you know when the Timetable Planner is available and Class selection opens.
If class selection is open and you are yet to enrol in your courses, you can enrol in your courses and select your class times in one step.
Check the Academic Calendar for Class selection open date to confirm.
View the instructions in the video below or the How to enrol when class selection has opened PDF Guide (565KB).
Complete and submit a Class preference form to select your class times.
Domestic students: Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps for Getting Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in your courses.
International students should view the Getting Started Guide for International students for enrolment steps.
Before you re-enrol it's important to plan your study to make sure you study the right courses at the right time so you can finish your degree when you plan to.
Follow the Planning your study instructions to plan your courses for the upcoming semesters/trimesters/sessions. You can vary your study load between full-time (3-4 courses) or part-time (1-2 courses) in each study period. If you need some assistance, contact Student Central.
View your class timetable in USC Central to confirm you are enrolled in the courses you selected. Close to the beginning of the semester/trimester/session, your course details can be found in My Courses in Blackboard.
To prove your enrolment to Centrelink, print an unofficial transcript from USC Central. Refer to the steps at View your Unofficial Transcript in the USC Central Guide.
Once you are enrolled, learn how to manage your enrolment.